CROSSROADS

:: Where Passion Meets Reality ::

Saturday, July 07, 2007

KK Part 1

Day 1

Ahhhh!! Our KK trip finally ended, but for those of you who don’t know, I just came back from KK a few days ago. YES, KK stands for Kota Kinabalu if you still don’t know. Still don’t know where is that? Its in Sabah for goodness sake. OK kids, now u know where is KK. So I can start my story telling session. Haha..


Was supposed to depart from LCCT at 1020 am, but we got PAWNED by AirAsia. Thanks to them, our flight got delayed for 5 hours due to technical problem. I was not surprise at all, since AirAsia well know for their flight delays. Bloody hell, made me wake up at 6am for nothing. Luckily we got a free lunch from McD, at least can save some money. LOL

So came a bunch of us approaching the counter to inquire what happen. And all hell broke lose, some guys were shouting at the AirAsia representative complaining and complaining.

Then san nien came out with a brilliant idea to have a spare plane in case of emergency or delays. If only we had the extra plane, then we wouldn’t have to wait so long. But that idea isn’t feasible as AirAsia will suffer more loses. Why? A stagnant plane won’t earn you money. No money, no profit.

We manage to find something to do during the 5 hours delay. Some of us talk kok until our flight while others gambled to pass time. Now we know why there is so many god of gamblers in UTP.

Ahfai with his kau lui skills ;)


Jackie with his Cicak Man pose.

Finally we made it to the plane, a few pictures up the plane.

AirAsia, I still love u even if u delayed me 5 hours. Cos u gave me free tickets ;)


First time i see ppl gambling on a plane. They placed all the betting money on the table. Real god of gamblers, really salute them man!!


A view from the plane (KK City)


Day 2

Getting ready for Water Rafting


Today, we are going White Water Rafting. Don’t know what is that? Aiyohhh, I have to explain everything, so susah.. We sit on a boat, and paddle down the stream. That’s about it. Some of you might say, so easy even small kid can do these. Lets see some pictures.


Saw the pictures? Now baru scared lehhh.. For those of you who terkencing on your pants, shame on you. Don’t kencing in your pants lah, cos I haven’t even start my story yet. LOL..


Took a bus to beaufort, then a train to the rafting area. Mind you that the train isn’t those high tech train where there is air-cond, or sexy voices saying “Stesen seterusnya, Masjid Jamek”.. It’s just an ordinary train, open air, cramped like sardines which we have to endure for 2 hours. You can even kiss the person next to you without him/her realizing which ahfai fully utilized this opportunity. Haha..

Waiting for the train



Never see a train before? Here is a picture then


Ahfai working on that woman in front of him ;)

Reached our destination, got some briefing from the staff and the fun begins. The first few rapids were ok, as its just our testing ground. Everything seems fine until the first rapid (I cant remember the rapid name).

I will illustrate the situation at that moment using my champion Microsoft Paint. Here is what happened for a clearer view.



Our boat consists of 8 ppl, shown above (Before entering rapid)




(After entering rapid)

As u can see, there is only 6 ppl left in the boat. Wanna know what happened? When we hit the first rapid wave, all of sudden Suet Yeng decided to become Superman (maybe she likes superman). We hit the wave and suet yeng became superman. Instead of her dropping into the water stream, she pulled me along with her. That is why there is only 6 ppl left on the boat. I so kasihan, she become superman I become mangsa. Pity me man. On the way down the stream, we drank lots of teh tarik. Wahhh, drop in the water also can drink teh tarik. Its not the teh tarik in the mamak shop lah, it’s the colour of the water stream which is teh tarik in colour. It’s tasteless though.

The subsequent rapids were quite ok, right until we reached the “washing machine rapid”. Here is the illustration for a clearer view.


Started with 8 ppl (Before entering "washing machine rapid")


After entering "washing machine rapid"

Weird right? Nobody on the boat. That’s right, nobody on the boat because the whole boat overturned. I flew off the boat don’t know go where. Since I already kena once previously, I know what its like being in the water. Being smart (never repeat the same mistakes twice), I swam to the nearest boat nearby by paddling as hard as I could. People like Jackie who did the “body rafting technique” (technique to survive in the water) drank lots of free teh tarik. Nice lehhh the teh tarik. Lucky for me, I didn’t drink anymore teh tarik. Once is enough.

Want to know why we overturned our boat? Thanks to our leader Ahfai, we managed to drink free teh tarik. Here’s the story. Before entering the “washing machine rapid”, ahfai asked us to relax n chill. He asked us to stop paddling until the very right moment, then he shouted “FORWARD”. And then we started paddling like a bunch of gila people. At that time, I know it was too late. Just before we hit the wave, I know our boat sure GG (good game) already cos our boat was moving too slow. The next few seconds, all I could hear was a loud BANG on our boat and I flew like superman into water. So dramatic, can become superman. Fuyohhh!! Luckily everyone survived the massacre including sufen even though she doesn’t know how to swim.

Sungai Padas

What an enjoying moment we had in Sungai Padas. Will definitely go again if we have the chance. This time I'll pull suet yeng into the water, its my turn, whahaha..

Stay tune for Part 2 of my KK trip.

2 Comments:

  • At 20/7/07 5:14 PM , Blogger Jackie Voon said...

    what cicak man pose? dem...interesting storyline there you created for ah fai..wonder whether he read it..ahhahaha!LOL! and the illustrations on the rafting...cool..ehehe..
    =)

     
  • At 10/4/08 5:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Baru found your blog....

    damn funny wei the illustrations! hahaha....!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home